HOLY WEEK & EASTER SUNDAY SCHEDULE
HOLY WEEK – Mon., Tues., & Weds.,
7:45 AM MASS
HOLY THURSDAY - APRIL 17th
7:00 PM SOLEMN MASS WITH ADULT CHOIR
(FOLLOWED BY EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT UNTIL 9:30 PM)
GOOD FRIDAY - APRIL 18th
12 NOON STATIONS OF THE CROSS
3:00 PM LITURGICAL SERVICE & HOLY COMMUNION
5:30 PM STATIONS OF THE CROSS
HOLY SATURDAY - APRIL 19th
7:00 PM EASTER VIGIL & MASS OF RESURRECTION
(ADULT CHOIR) (NO 4:30 PM VIGIL MASS),br/>
EASTER SUNDAY - APRIL 20th MASS TIMES,br/>
8:00 AM ORGAN/PIANO & CANTOR,br/>
9:30 AM CHILDREN'S CHOIR
11:00 AM ADULT CHOIR
12:30 PM ORGAN/PIANO & CANTOR
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Tuesday April 15th 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Wednesday April 16th 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Wednesday April 16th 7:00 to 8:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE GOOD FRIDAY SERVICES, MASS TIMES & EXTRA MASS ON EASTER SUNDAY
PASTOR'S MESSAGE FOR APRIL 13, 2014
Holy Week begins today with the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem as a Prince of Peace. The crowds wave tree branches and cry out: "Hosanna to the Son of David; blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord". The Hebrew joyful shout of "Hosanna" means: "Save us we pray."
In the Gospel of today's Mass we hear Matthew's account of how Jesus saves us by his suffering and death on the Cross. In this Gospel Reading the people cry out: "Let him be crucified." In the Second Reading St. Paul tells us that Jesus "humbled himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."
His love for us is amazing. With great love let us walk with Jesus in these days of Holy Week, especially in the Sacred Triduum (or three days) of the Last Supper on Holy Thursday, the death of Jesus on the Cross on Good Friday, and his resurrection in the glorious new life of Easter.
* There will be extra times for Confessions on Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30 PM and on Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 PM and from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.
* On Good Friday Stations of the Cross will take place at 12 noon and at 5:30 PM. There will be one Good Friday Liturgy Service at 3:00 PM.
* On Holy Saturday, April 19, there will be NO 4:30 PM Vigil Mass. Instead the Easter Vigil and Mass of the Resurrection will take place at 7:00 PM.
* On Easter Sunday Masses will be offered at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
* Your Easter gift to God in the Easter collection at Offertory time is a wonderful way of showing your love for Jesus and also an important part of our parish budget for the year. Your generous giving makes possible all the religious, educational and service programs of our parish. Many thanks and God's blessing on you and your family.
Bible Study with Father Steve
A Bible Study with Father Steve on the Gospel of John began January 27, 2014 and continues each Monday morning from 10:30 AM to 12 noon in the Parish Hall and each Wednesday evening from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Spiritual Library (access the Parish Hall through the School pedestrian entrance on Hot Springs Road)
Together we read St. John's Gospel, share, listen to some insights from Bible Scholars and come to know and be more open to the love of God for all of us as revealed in this wonderful Gospel of John.
Please note Bible Study will not be held February 24th or February 26th.
All are welcome. Bring your Bible.
First Friday of Every Month - Transition House
Parish Hall Kitchen - In keeping with our First Friday tradition, we will be responsible for the evening meal at Transition House. Transition House is a community sponsored temporary home for families with children. Help is needed - if you can help for this one evening, please call Rina & Alvin Bentajado at 687-8737. Monetary donations may be sent c/o Mt Carmel Parish.
More Events >
May Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you always. May she be the star that guides you and never disappears from your horizon. May she lead you now, throughout your life, and at its completion to a safe haven.
—Pope John Paul II