HOLY WEEK SERVICES
SATURDAY MARCH 28th
4:30 PM Vigil Mass
Blessing of Palms in the courtyard prior to the Vigil Mass
PALM SUNDAY MARCH 29th Mass times
8:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 12 Noon
Palms distributed after each Mass at the doors of the Church
HOLY WEEK Mon. March 30th - Weds. April 1st
7:45 AM Mass on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
HOLY THURSDAY APRIL 2nd Solemn Mass
7:00 PM with Adult Choir
followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 9:30 PM
GOOD FRIDAY APRIL 3rd
12 NOON Stations of the Cross
3:00 PM Liturgical Service & Holy Communion
5:30 PM Stations of the Cross
HOLY SATURDAY APRIL 4th (NO 4:30 VIGIL MASS)
7:00 PM Easter Vigil & Mass of Resurrection with Adult Choir)
EASTER SUNDAY APRIL 5th MASS TIMES
8:00 AM Organ / Piano & Cantor
9:30 AM Children's Choir
11:00 AM Adult Choir
12:30 PM Organ / Piano & Cantor
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Tues, March 31st 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Weds, April 1st 3:30 to 4:30 PM
Weds, April 1st 7:00 to 8:00 PM
* PLEASE NOTE TIMES OF GOOD FRIDAY SERVICES & TIMES OF MASSES & EXTRA MASS ON EASTER SUNDAY
PASTOR'S MESSAGE MARCH 29, 2015
Palm Sunday, Our Lord's Passion
Holy Week, the most sacred week of the Church year, begins today with the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem as a Prince of Peace, acclaimed as Messiah. The crowds wave palm branches and cry out: "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" (Mark 11:1ff). The Hebrew joyful shout of "Hosanna" means: "Save us we pray."
In the Gospel of today's Mass we hear Mark's account (14:1-15:47) of how Jesus saves us by his suffering and death on the Cross. In this Gospel Reading the crowd cries out: "Crucify him." In the Second Reading from Philippians 2:6ff St. Paul tells us that Jesus "humbled himself becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." His love for us is amazing.
With great love let us walk with Jesus in these days of Holy Week, especially in the Sacred Triduum (or three days) of the Last Supper on Holy Thursday, the death of Jesus on the Cross on Good Friday and his resurrection in the glorious new life of Easter.
* The solemn blessing of palms will take place in the garden around the fountain before the 4:30 PM Saturday Mass and then there will be a procession into Church. Palms will be available at the doors of the Church at all other Sunday Masses.
* The full schedule of Holy Week and Easter services will be found in today's bulletin.
* There will be extra times for Confessions on Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30 PM and on Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 PM and 7:00 to 8:00 PM.
* On Holy Thursday there will be no 7:45 AM morning Mass. The Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper will take place at 7:00 PM, followed by Adoration of the Holy Eucharist in the Guadalupe Chapel until 9:30 PM.
* On Good Friday Stations of the Cross will take place at 12 noon and 5:30 PM. There will be one Good Friday Liturgy Service at 3:00 PM.
* On Holy Saturday, April 4, there will be NO 4:30 PM Vigil Mass. Instead the Easter Vigil and Mass of the Resurrection will begin at 7:00 and will last about two hours. You are invited to bring bells from home to ring during the "Gloria" at the Easter Vigil Mass.
* On Easter Sunday, April 5, Masses will be at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
* Your Easter gift to God in the Easter collection at Offertory time is a wonderful way of showing your love for Jesus and also an important part of our parish budget for the year. Your generous giving makes possible all the religious, educational and service programs of our parish.
* Online giving is now available at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. Online giving is a convenient and safe way to make your donations which show your love for God and his Church, especially if you are out of town or unable to come to Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church every Sunday.
To donate, click the Donate buttons on this homepage or on the Giving page or in the upper right section of our website.
OUR PARISH FINANCES
Many thanks to all for your generous contributions to our Church in the Offertory Collection each Sunday. Following is the Offertory Collection report for Sunday, March 7th/8th:
Envelopes & Plate Collection $6,711.00
Donations for maintenance $ 450.00
Your generous giving in the Offertory Collection each Sunday is very important and funds all the parish worship, religious, educational and service programs and helps in making necessary repairs and continuing maintenance of the Church and parish buildings and grounds.
Online giving is now available at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church. To donate, click the Donate buttons on this homepage or on the Giving page or in the upper right section of our website.
Many thanks and God's blessings on you and your family for your generous giving to God and his Church.
First Friday of Every Month - Transition House
Parish Hall Kitchen - In keeping with our First Friday tradition, we will be responsible for the evening meal at Transition House. Transition House is a community sponsored temporary home for families with children. Help is needed - if you can help for this one evening, please call Rina & Alvin Bentajado at 687-8737. Monetary donations may be sent c/o Mt Carmel Parish.
First Friday Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will begin after the 7:45 am Mass and conclude with Benediction at 12 noon. Please come by and pray for vocations and peace.
More Events >
May Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you always. May she be the star that guides you and never disappears from your horizon. May she lead you now, throughout your life, and at its completion to a safe haven.
—Pope John Paul II
7:00 PM with Adult Choir, followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 9:00 PM